How does the FAQ answer page (.../a.php ) choose which Related LibGuides to display?
Great question! Related LibGuides are matched by running a keyword search of your LibGuides site, and returning the top 5 guide results.
- This keyword search is based on the LibAnswers Question Text
- We strip out lots of common stop words (a, an, the, etc.)
- This search doesn't include text in a LibAnswer's More Information or Answer fields - just the Question Text :)
To improve the match, you could try adding a key phrase in your LibAnswers question text.
Alternately, you can choose to hide the default Related LibGuides options, and hand-select the guides you want to present. We've even added an option to make this easier - on the Answer page, when you Add a Link in the "For More Info / Sources" area, you'll find a quick LibGuides lookup available right in that page!
To hide Related LibGuides:
- Head to Admin Stuff -> Look and Feel -> Boxes and Sidebar
- Delete the "L" (for "Related LibGuides" from the Sidebar Content