How do I add a LibAnswers search box to our home page?
You have a couple of options in terms of how to do this. Those options depend on whether you're looking to add the search box to your LibGuides home page, or to your Library home page (which is outside of the LibGuides platform).
Assuming you want to add the search box to your Library home page (which isn't in the LibGuides platform):
- Log in to your LibAnswers system
- Go to the Widgets area:
- Admins: Admin Stuff > Widgets
- Regular Users: Tools > Widgets
- Select the widget you'd like to use; copy the provided HTML, and paste that into your Library home page
If you want to add a LibAnswers search box to your LibGuides home page:
- Log in to your LibGuides system
- Select a guide to edit (preferably an internal "template" or "sandbox" type guide)
- Create a new box - select the "LibAnswers Box" type
- Hover over the "edit" link at the top right of that box - this will tell you the box number of that box (usually it's a 7-digit number)
- Copy that box number
- Click on Dashboard, then Admin Stuff > Look & Feel
- Click on the tab labeled Homepage
- Scroll down to the section labeled Ordering of content boxes on the homepage, and enter the box number in the area you'd like it to appear.