How do I clear my browser's cache?
I've been asked to clear my browser's cache to see if it fixes a problem, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Last Updated: Jan 06, 2011 | 414 Views
Topics: General System Questions
Was this helpful? 0 0
- Select Tools > Internet Options. You'll see a new window open.
Click the Settings button in the Browsing History section. (Circled below.)
- A new pop up window will open. Choose the option Every time I visit the webpage and click OK.
- Click Apply then OK on the first pop up window.
- Finally, close and restart your browser.
- Click Tools > Clear Recent History. The Clear Recent History window will open.
- Choose these options:
- Time Range to Clear: Everything
- Details: (Click the button to expand) Choose Cache and Cookies.
- Click Clear Now.
- Click on the wrench icon in the upper right corner of the browser window and choose Options.
- Choose Clear browsing data... from the Options pop up window.
- The Clear Browsing Data window will open:
- Check off the boxes for Empty the cache and Delete cookies and other site data.
- Choose Everything from the Clear data from this period drop down menu.
- Click Clear browsing data.